Creating Harmony with Color
There is a interesting relationship between color and the patterns of time that we use in our daily lives. Although we use a seven day calendar today, this was not always the case, both the Egyptians and Chinese societies used a ten-day week. It was the ancient Assyrians who invented the seven-day week, using names of the seven then-known planets. which each has an associated astrological color. A simple way to harmonize yourself with planetary energy is to wear an item in the color of the day:
- For Sunday, you can honor the Sun by wearing an item of orange or gold jewelry.
- The Moon rules Monday, the colors are white, grey/silver and light blue, silver jewelry also works well.
- Tuesday is ruled by Mars, the color is red, jewelry made with garnet or rubies can accent the energy well.
- Wednesday, Mercury the messenger planet, yellow and orange and corresponding gems of this color.
- Jupiter rules Thursday, its colors/gemstones are blue and purple.
- Friday, ruled by Venus, has several colors; blue, green, pink and brown are all appropriate.
- And for Saturday ruled by awesome Saturn, the color is black.